PRODUCT Single component, medium density, ready to use emulsion of single component styrene butadiene copolymer based latex specially developed to improve the properties of cementations compositions. It is fully soluble in water and is to be added directly to the gauging water of slurry / mortar / concrete / grout. Mortars produced with SWAN SBR REPAIR may be used for horizontal, vertical and overhead repair work. It is used with cement to produce a waterproofing membrane also for concrete structures.
• Easy and Ready to use.
• Excellent concrete modifier.
• Withstands chloride ion diffusion & sulphate / CO2 attack. • Improves bond strengths to hardened old and new concrete.1
• Dense, impermeable, mortar for column & beam repairs.
• Reduces rate of corrosion when applied on steel bars.
• Reduces cracking through increased mortar flexural strength.
• Increases mortar wear resistance.
• Increases Flexural Strength, Tensile Strength and Bond strength
• Improves workability of cementitious mixes at low water-cement ratio
• Reduces shrinkage and water permeability
• Improves adhesion with substrate such as concrete, stone, bricks, ceramic tiles etc • Improves abrasion resistance
• Allows trapped water vapors to escape and prevent blistering and adhesion failures
• Increases durability of waterproofing coating even in continuous contact with water
• Imparts resistance to fungal and microbial growth
• Allows easy cleaning of tools and equipment used for application
• Repair & Rehabilitation of concrete structures .
• Waterproofing mortars / concretes for terrace, sunken slabs, basements, retaining walls, water tanks, sunshades, lift pits, balconies, masonry walls and slopping RCC roofs.
• Bedding for tiles / marbles. External rendering.
• General reconstruction work and latex modified overlays and topping
- Appearance : Milky White Pourable Liquid
- % Total Solids : 47 + 1.0
- pH at 25 deg C : 10 + 0.5
- Brookfield Viscosity LVF (CPS) SP 1,12 RPM at 25deg C : 30 max
- Specific Gravity : 1.01 - 1.02
Surface Preparation Remove all loose concrete, dust, laitance, corrosion, grease, mould oil or curing compound any other deleterious materials from concrete and steel surfaces using wire brush, scrubber. Saw cut the concrete areas to a square or rectangular profile to a minimum 10 mm depth at the extreme edges. Remove excess / standing water.
As Repair Mortar Application 1. Brush apply SWAN SBR REPAIR as primer coat prepared by mixing 1 Part of SWAN SBR REPAIR : 1 Part of water and 3 Parts of Cement over freshly cleaned and dry reinforcing steel and prepared substrate.
Product Data Sheet Whilst primer is still wet, carefully apply and compact SWAN SBR REPAIR mix prepared as per the following proportions at a thickness up to 15-20 mm. Built up the required thickness in subsequent layers of 15-20 mm each over the final coat. Final layer can be finished with trowel to get the smooth finish.
Cement : 50 Kgs
Sand 125 : 150 Kgs
SWAN SBR REPAIR : 10 Kgs
Water Just Sufficient to attain desired consistency.
COVERAGE SWAN SBR REPAIRM Repair Mortar 7 - 8 sqft per kg for 10 mm thickness *Note: Coverage may vary depending upon substrate condition
SHELF LIFE Shelf Life of SWAN SBR REPAIR is 12 months. Stored in original sealed pack under shade in dry condition.
WATER CURING Water curing should be done 2 to 3 timesin a day after 8 hours of application. Continuous water curing for 2 to 3 days, is an added advantage.
• Always use fresh, cement and sharp clean, well, graded aggregates.
• It is used with OPC/PPC grade of cement.
• Keep mixing time to a minimum – see above recommendations
• Always add cement into latex and not latex in cement.
• Do not apply product over loose and deboned surface
There are no reviews yet