PRODUCT Single component, medium density, ready to use emulsion of single component styrene butadiene copolymer-based latex specially developed to improve the properties of cementations compositions. SWAN SBR BOND is a milky white, non reemulsifiable, Styrene Butadiene copolymer latex emulsion. It is used in conjunction with cement as an excellent water-resistant bonding agent. SWAN SBR BOND may be used for horizontal, vertical and overhead work. It is used with cement to produce a waterproofing membrane also for concrete structures.
• Easy and Ready to use.
• Excellent concrete modifier.
• Withstands chloride ion diffusion & sulphate / CO2 attack.
• Improves bond strengths to hardened old and new concrete.
• Reduces rate of corrosion when applied on steel bars.
• Improves workability of cementitious mixes at low water-cement ratio • Reduces shrinkage and water permeability
• Improves adhesion with substrate such as concrete, stone, bricks, ceramic tiles etc
• Improves abrasion resistance
• Allows trapped water vapors to escape and prevent blistering and adhesion failure
• Improves flexibility of the treated area.
• Imparts resistance to fungal and microbial growth
• Allows easy cleaning of tools and equipment used for application
• Repair & Rehabilitation of concrete.
• Bedding for tiles / marbles.
• Bonding slurry/coat. External rendering.
• General reconstruction work and latex modified overlays and topping.
- Appearance : Milky White Pourable Liquid
- % Total Solids : 47 + 1.0
- pH at 25 deg C : 10 + 0.5
- Brookfield Viscosity LVF (CPS) SP 1,12 RPM at 25deg C : 30 max
- Specific Gravity : 1.01 - 1.02
APPLICATIONS Surface Preparation Surface preparation is the most important step before application to achieve desired results and avoid failure. Surface to which SWAN SBR BOND mixes are to be applied should be clean, sound and free of deleterious materials. All latencies, oil, debris, paint and unsound concrete must be removed. The surface must be prepared mechanically using wire brush or shot blaster. Finally vacuum cleaned of all loose solids. Allow the concrete surface to dry. Do not place bond coat on standing water.
COVERERAGE:- SWAN SBR BOND 55 - 60 sqft par kg for single coat *Note: Coverage may vary depending upon substrate condition
SHELF LIFE:- Shelf Life of SWAN SBR BOND is 12 months. It should be stored in original sealed pack under shade in dry condition.
• Always use fresh, cement and sharp clean, well, graded aggregates.
• It is used with OPC/PPC grade of cement.
• Keep mixing time to a minimum – see above recommendations
• Always add cement into latex and not latex in cement.
• Do not apply product over loose and deboned surface
There are no reviews yet